Far North Side
Rogers Park is one of Chicago’s most diverse and populous neighborhoods. In 1878, settlers moved into the area to form the village of Rogers Park, which was eventually annexed to Chicago in 1893.
The population jumped drastically with the opening of Howard Station along the “L” tracks. Rogers Park became primarily home to renters due to the establishment of apartment complexes in the region. New construction in the 1960s consisted primarily of moderately-sized apartment buildings, townhouses, and nursing homes. Additionally, two institutions of higher education were established in Rogers Park during this time: Loyola University Chicago (1906) and Mundelein College (1930).
Over the years, the population of Rogers Park has become increasingly diverse and aged. The 1960s saw the ushering in of Russian and Eastern Europeans, while the 1970s brought African Americans and immigrants from Asia and the Americas to the region. Since then, Rogers Park has also become home to several nursing and retirement homes.
information courtesy of Moody Publishers
"Chicago Neighborhood Prayer Guide" by Dr. John Fuder with Elizabeth Koenig
prayercast | ministry of oneway | email@example.com
mailing address | PO Box 2211 Naperville, IL 60567